Getting from Beauvais to Paris
Beauvais Airport, located approximately 85 km north of Paris, is the third busiest airport in the region, serving millions of passengers every year. However, unlike Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports, Beauvais airport is not directly connected to the Paris metro network. Therefore, travelers have to choose from several transport options to reach the center of Paris.
In this article, we will guide you through the various transport options available to get from Beauvais airport to Paris. We will discuss the pros and cons of each option, and provide you with all the necessary information to make an informed decision.
Step 1: Exiting Beauvais Airport
Once you have landed at Beauvais airport, collected your luggage, and gone through customs, you will exit the airport terminal to reach the transport options area. You will find several transportation kiosks and ticket counters, as well as a taxi stand, outside the terminal building.
It is important to keep in mind that Beauvais airport is a small airport, and it can get crowded during peak hours. Therefore, we recommend that you plan your travel ahead of time and book your transport in advance to avoid any last-minute hassle.
Step 2: Choosing Transport Options
There are three main transport options to get from Beauvais airport to Paris: Shuttle Bus, Private Transfer Service, and Public Transport. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of each option.
Option 1: Shuttle Bus to Paris
The shuttle bus is a popular and affordable transport option to get from Beauvais airport to Paris. The shuttle bus service is operated by several companies, including Beauvais Airport Shuttle, Paris Beauvais Shuttle, and SuperShuttle.
- Affordable: The shuttle bus is the cheapest transport option to get to Paris from Beauvais airport.
- Convenient: The shuttle bus drops you off at several locations in the city, including Porte Maillot, Opera, and Gare du Nord.
- Comfortable: The shuttle buses are air-conditioned and comfortable, with ample luggage space.
- Time-consuming: The shuttle bus takes around 1.5-2 hours to reach Paris, depending on traffic conditions.
- Limited schedule: The shuttle bus operates on a fixed schedule, and you may have to wait for the next bus if you miss your scheduled bus.
- No flexibility: The shuttle bus does not allow you to make any stops or detours along the way.
Option 2: Private Transfer Service
A private transfer service is a more comfortable and personalized transport option to get from Beauvais airport to Paris. Private transfer services are offered by several companies, including Blacklane, Welcome Pickups, and Paris Airport Transfer.
- Comfortable: A private transfer service offers door-to-door service in a comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle.
- Personalized: You can customize your itinerary and make stops along the way.
- No waiting time: A private transfer service is available 24/7, and you don’t have to wait for the next bus or train.
- Expensive: A private transfer service is the most expensive transport option to get to Paris from Beauvais airport.
- Limited luggage space: Depending on the size of the vehicle, a private transfer service may not have enough luggage space if you are traveling with a large group.
- Limited availability: Private transfer services require advance booking, and you may not find a service available if you book at the last minute.
Option 3: Public Transport to Paris
Public transport is the most economical and eco-friendly transport option to get from Beauvais airport to Paris. The public transport option includes taking a shuttle bus to Beauvais train station, and then taking a train to Paris.
- Economical: Public transport is the cheapest option to get from Beauvais airport to Paris.
- Eco-friendly: Public transport is the most environmentally friendly transport option.
- Fast: The train ride from Beauvais to Paris takes around 1 hour.
- Cumbersome: Public transport requires taking a shuttle bus to the train station, and then taking a train to Paris.
- Limited schedule: Train schedules may not be convenient, especially during off-peak hours.
- Limited luggage space: Train luggage compartments may not be spacious enough for large luggage.
Step 3: Taking the Shuttle Bus to Paris
If you decide to take the shuttle bus to Paris, you can purchase your ticket at the ticket counter or kiosk outside the terminal building. The shuttle bus departs from the airport every 20-30 minutes, and the journey takes around 1.5-2 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
Once you arrive in Paris, the shuttle bus drops you off at several locations, including Porte Maillot, Opera, and Gare du Nord. From there, you can take the metro or a taxi to reach your final destination.
Step 4: Using a Private Transfer Service
If you decide to use a private transfer service, you can book your service in advance online or through a travel agency. You will be picked up at the airport by a professional driver, who will take you to your destination in a comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle.
Private transfer services offer door-to-door service, which means that you don’t have to worry about finding your way around Paris. You can also customize your itinerary and make stops along the way.
Step 5: Taking Public Transport to Paris
If you decide to take public transport to Paris, you can take the shuttle bus from the airport to Beauvais train station. The shuttle bus departs from the airport every 20-30 minutes, and the journey takes around 15 minutes.
Once you arrive at Beauvais train station, you can take a train to Paris. The train ride takes around 1 hour, and the train stops at several stations in Paris, including Gare du Nord and Gare de l’Est.
It is important to keep in mind that train schedules may not be convenient, especially during off-peak hours. Therefore, we recommend that you check the train schedule beforehand and plan your travel accordingly.
Conclusion: Choosing the Best Option
Choosing the best transport option to get from Beauvais airport to Paris depends on your budget, time constraints, and personal preferences. If you are looking for an affordable and convenient option, the shuttle bus is the best choice. If you prefer comfort and personalized service, a private transfer service is the best option. If you are on a tight budget and want to reduce your carbon footprint, public transport is the most economical option.
Additional Tips for Traveling to Paris
- Book your transport in advance to avoid last-minute hassle.
- Check the weather forecast and pack accordingly.
- Learn some basic French phrases to help you communicate with locals.
- Carry a map or download a map app to help you navigate around the city.
- Be aware of pickpockets and keep your valuables safe.
Final Thoughts on Beauvais to Paris Travel
Getting from Beauvais airport to Paris can be a bit daunting, especially if it is your first time traveling to Paris. However, with proper planning and the right transport option, you can reach your destination safely and comfortably. We hope that this guide has provided you with all the necessary information to make an informed decision and enjoy your trip to Paris!